Date: Fri Dec 16 10:08:54 2005
From: steve_r125 at yahoo.co.uk (Steve Russell)
Subject: a call for full-disclosure to become a
	moderated list

--- Xyberpix <xyberpix@...erpix.com> wrote:

> I have to agree on this one that I don't think that
> moderation is the way to go.
> This is a damn good list, with a load of really
> intelligent people on it, who
> really contribute a lot to the entire community.
> Just because a few of us got outta hand taking the
> piss out of n3td3v, it's no
> need to moderate the list. I know that I am guilty
> on this count, but seriously
> anyone who hasn't had a good laugh in regard to the
> whole n3td3v saga recently,
> probably doesn't have a sense of humor.
>
> Maybe when taking the piss out of idiots we should
> come up with some sort of
> fronting for the subject? Kinda like [OT], or maybe
> in this case [n3td3v], that
> way people can easily setup procmail filters and the
> like to filter out the stuff
> that the don't want to. If we all agree on some sort
> of format, this could really
> work. This way the list will stay unmodded, people
> will get out of it what they
> want, and we can still take the piss?
>
> Thoughts, comments, etc?
>
> xyberpix

As I'm guilty of posting the DC version of the quotes
list (which DID find it's way to FunSec after all) I
feel I should add my thoughts.

I have to agree with X. This list produces some very
fine posts which many, if not all us at some point,
have gained from. To make this list modded would end
the freedom of speech (as such) that we have enjoyed
so far.

We should agree on a format to distinguish between
genuine FD posts and those that are off-topic. Again
so that people can filter as they please.

I'm in favour of the standard-ish [OT] tag which is
used in many other lists that I'm a member of. If you
feel that an [OT] post would not suit FD per se, then
mail me direct and I'll give you FunSec's address and
you can post it there, therefore cutting that
particular part of the 'noise' out.

/2p

-Steve