Date: Thu Dec 15 14:54:37 2005
From: j.schipper at math.uu.nl (Joachim Schipper)
Subject: a call for full-disclosure to become a

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:35:00PM +0000, Xyberpix wrote:
> I have to agree on this one that I don't think that moderation is the way to go.
> This is a damn good list, with a load of really intelligent people on it, who
> really contribute a lot to the entire community.
> Just because a few of us got outta hand taking the piss out of n3td3v, it's no
> need to moderate the list. I know that I am guilty on this count, but seriously
> anyone who hasn't had a good laugh in regard to the whole n3td3v saga recently,
> probably doesn't have a sense of humor.
>
> Maybe when taking the piss out of idiots we should come up with some sort of
> fronting for the subject? Kinda like [OT], or maybe in this case [n3td3v], that
> way people can easily setup procmail filters and the like to filter out the stuff
> that the don't want to. If we all agree on some sort of format, this could really
> work. This way the list will stay unmodded, people will get out of it what they
> want, and we can still take the piss?
>
> Thoughts, comments, etc?

I see no reason to take a piss. Other than IRL, of course, where taking
a piss is a rather good idea once in a while.

But if it must happen, yes, please preface it with something like that.

The other alternatives are either moderating a select few (effective in
getting the message accross, but easily circumvented), or the
mailing-list equivalent of everybody getting killfiles.

		Joachim