Date: Fri Dec 30 21:32:02 2005
From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: complaints about the governemnt spying!

--On December 30, 2005 8:12:10 PM +1100 Dave Horsfall <dave@...sfall.org>
wrote:

> In the meantime, perhaps some, umm, US patriot could tell me who authored
> these particular aphorisms:
>
> "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood
> of  patriots and tyrants."
>
> "The Tree of Islam has to be watered with the blood of martyrs."
>
> I'm having trouble seeing the difference.

I'm not surprised.  A lot of people have trouble seeing the difference.

It's really quite simple, actually.

The former dies because he has something worth fighting for.  He tried very
hard to survive, but it didn't work out that way, but he wanted to do what
he could to make sure his children can live in peace.

The latter dies because he has nothing worth living for.  He tries hard to
kill as many others as he can on his way out, and prays with his last
breath that his children will also commit suicide because he's convinced
they too have nothing worth living for.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas