Date: Fri Jan 27 05:46:06 2006
From: ivanhec at gmail.com (Ivan .)
Subject: Re: ZoneAlarm phones home

>   Without seeing the content of these packets, I don't see how Cringely can
> claim to know whether there's anything spyware or not about it.

It should be up to zonealarm to prove that it isn't spyware, don't you
think? Shouldn't they do everything they can to alley the fears of
their customers?

>observed 'spyware phoning home' but who are then completely unable to give
>any details about the contents or destination of the packets
read the article again Dave, you'll find that he did provide the ip
address of the destination servers to Zonelaram

hence there workaround to edit the hosts file
http://theinquirer.net/?article=29157

cheers
Ivan