Date: Fri Mar 10 14:30:27 2006
From: michael.holstein at csuohio.edu (Michael Holstein)
Subject: War Dialing,	Spoofed(?) Phone Number [area
	code 786], and calls across the US

Caller-ID spoofing is trivial if you've got a digital (eg: T-1) line
where you can send your own call signaling. It's also made much easier
by several (mis)configured VoIP services -- if you have access to the
SIP gateway of one, and run something like Asterisk, you can send any
number you want along with your call.

Caller-ID is like the return address on an envelope. Totally unimportant
for call delivery, and you can write anything you want there.

~Mike.