Date: Tue Apr 11 22:33:25 2006
From: ian.t7 at hotmail.co.uk (Ian stuart Turnbull)
Subject: info on ip spoofing please

Thanks again for an excellent response. All this info is just what I'm
after. However, in that TCP sequence attack my original point is still not
clear to me.
As I understand it he found 2 machines talking to one another, kept one of
them busy while spoofing the other one pretending to be the one he was
keeping busy.
I still don't understand HOW he found these 2 machines conversing in the
first place. Surely he wasn;t on the same network? OR maybe that is exactly
the answer and he was? Though this is not clear from the text it appears
this was an attack from a totally remote city?
It is this that has piqued my interest.

Ian t