Date: Wed Apr 19 03:12:34 2006
From: stevenrakick at yahoo.com (Steven Rakick)
Subject: GMail, Google Groups XSS Vulnerability

So what's the deal here? I haven't seen any mention of
this XSS vulnerability anywhere else... but I just
tested it and it worked.

Isn't this a big deal for Google? It seems to me the
cookies accessible through GMail are pretty important,
not just for GMail but for their other services too.
Or am I missing something?

On 4/11/06, Darren Bounds <dbounds@...il.com> wrote:
> GMail, Google Groups XSS Vulnerability
> April 11, 2006
>
> GMail and Google Groups are vulnerable to an cross
site scripting
> (XSS) attack due to their reliance on
Content-Disposition to provide
> separation between the HTML file download and
application scopes. The
> result is the ability for an attacker to send / post
a malicious HTML
> file attachments which,  when read using Internet
Explorer, will
> execute within the scope of the Google application
allowing the theft

http://groups.google.com/group/Content-Disposition/browse_thread/thread/925106682eb32b2b

> This vulnerability is directly related to my posting
earlier this week
> entitled "Microsoft Internet Explorer
Content-Disposition HTML File

http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-April/044991.html