Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:16:26 +0200
From: "ad@...poverflow.com" <ad@...poverflow.com>
To: Larry Seltzer <Larry@...ryseltzer.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Windows .ANI LoadAniIcon Stack Overflow

 From the published poc yes vista is vulnerable , the poc doesn't
exploit it but shows enough..
The whole windows browser crashes when you try to open the folder of the
malicious .ani file,
can't even attach it to an email because thunderbird crashes when I'm
browsing to attach the .ani,
EIP is overwritten by some wrong datas near the shellcode, . To resume
you don't have to open the file
on vista, displaying it is enough, there is less user interaction
required to exploit that bug on vista than older windows os,

surprising...   ...or not =)