Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:44:23 -0700
From: "Mike Vasquez" <mike.vasquez@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: WEEPING FOR WEP

Nice, even better.  So that means a lot of the higher end APs that use
sophisticated techniques (smaller IV pools, dynamic, etc) are going to be
much less effective.  I know a few large entities that will be affected
negatively.  Time to seriously upgrade the wireless security!

People who don't think they need more than wep are fooling themselves.  Kids
will a) build that cool pringles can antenna to experiment... b) run kismet
to explore the wireless around them, and c) practice their wepcracking on
your network.  what's next?  Exploring your windows machines once they're
on.

They'll be destructive just b/c they can.  Keylogger on your home pc?
cake.  Do you patch every day?  All they need is one windows vulnerability
to get access to all your data.  Anything think that if they wait long
enough, a windows flaw will come around?  hrm?  and *then* your network will
be... their network.

It's really not that far fetched.

On 4/6/07, george_ou@...architect.net <george_ou@...architect.net> wrote:

> With the newest crack released earlier this week from the German
> researchers that reduces the number of packets by an order of magnitude,
> that's under 1 minute on average with ARP replay on an 802.11g network.
> About 20 seconds average if the network is going full blast on its own.
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/Ou/?p=464
>

> George

Content of type "text/html" skipped