Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:23:00 -0400
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Larry Seltzer <Larry@...ryseltzer.com>,
	full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Shady bastards - CONFIDENTIAL (Terms of Services)

Larry Seltzer wrote:
>>> In luxembourg for instance mails labeled as PRIVATE or CONFIDENTIAL
>>>
> are not allowed to be viewed by the company, ALSO as email. Write it in
> the subject line.
>
> Hey, don't read this. This isn't for you.

Too late...

This makes me wonder at times about the validity and arguments on these
signatures as well as so called "Terms of Service" agreements.

For anyone doing legal research, theory work, school work, I implore you
to read http://infiltrated.net/tos.html. Technically this "Term of Service"
may be legal... Moral? Absolutely not, but legal, I'm almost sure it can
be worded/re-worded to work. Does anyone even read their terms of service
when visiting a website, downloading software. I'm willing to say about
.0001 percent probably do. I'm willing to be 99.9999% either ignore them
or skim through them. Confidentiality signatures on email? Make zero sense.
"THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL BUT GOING TO A PUBLIC FORUM. DO NOT READ
THIS MESSAGE IF YOU CAME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE FROM A PUBLICLY LINKED SEARCH
ENGINE. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST".

By the way, after you read the TOS, don't forget to contact me afterwards
to make payment arrangements. On a more serious note, a TOS such as this
one in my opinion, would shoot down the entire concept of the legality of
a TOS and some of the claims some TOS' make.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
echo infiltrated.net|sed 's/^/sil@/g'

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." -- Plato

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5157 bytes)