Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:09:35 +0100
From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity@...glemail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Life cycle of a hacker by n3td3v

On 10/3/07, nitro <nitro@...o.freelsd.net> wrote:

> Very nice description of hacker lifecycle =)
>
> but imho, you forget a description of hackers who are no more public, fed
> up by the system, still producing 0day, you know, the real one, the one wich
> take years before being disclosed, these kind of people who are still
> entering where they want, the one who stay discret, who doesn't want to work
> for a big security company anymore... who are just idling on a lost channel
> with friends... you should see what i'm thinking to...

This is just a description of my world and perhaps how I see the security
community through my eyes, thats why "by n3td3v" is added on the end. Each
folks with have their own definition of the hacker life cycle, but I think
my description is as close to the truth as it gets.

On 10/3/07, php0t <php0t@...ro.hu> wrote:

>  you forgot the most important one:
> n3td3v - godlike form that has all these levels surpassed by lightyears.

No one fits into just one category, for example, once you get to the
mature-bie stage, your personality has merged all the different stages of
your life into one.

Like the mature-bie may still goto yahoo chat for instance (as seen in the
new-bie category) to see what folks are upto. ;) just for different reasons.

Don't pigeon hole yourself when deciding where you fit in, in the industry.
but you do fit in somewhere in my description, I can guarantee you that.

 On 10/3/07, Michael Simpson <mikie.simpson@...il.com> wrote:

> so i guess that n3td3v just called himself a jobbie
>
> for those not familiar with the vernacular
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jobbie
>
> most truthful thing i have heard yet from the wee coke-heid frae fife

Why do people assume i'm from Fife? No, i'm not a job-bie, I'm a
student-bie, actually.

On 10/3/07, crazy frog crazy frog <i.m.crazy.frog@...il.com > wrote:

> netd3v,
>
> thats a nice description of hacker life cycle.i like the different
> categories you made.keep up the good work :)

Thanks bro, I submitted it to Digg.

http://digg.com/security/Life_cycle_of_a_hacker_by_n3td3v

Content of type "text/html" skipped