Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:16:30 +0200
From: Sergio Alvarez <sergio.alvarez@...ns.com>
To: Thierry Zoller <Thierry@...ler.lu>,  fx@...urity-labs.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: The Death of Defence in Depth ? -
 An	invitation to Hack.lu

Hi FX,

Those were Thierry's words, *not* mine. I want to make this clear so
that there are no misunderstandings.
The fact is that you is 100% correct, our talk will be about 'Defeating
Defenses', specially focusing on border/perimeter and intranet defenses.
We won't talk about defeating any defense in depth mechanisms (ie: like
bypassing any exploitation preventions mechanisms).

Cheers,
  Sergio

--

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?", Albert Einstein

Sergio Alvarez
Director of Research
Security

n.runs AG
Nassauer Strasse 60
D-61440 Oberursel
Germany

phone:  +49 6171 699 538
fax:    +49 6171 699 199
email:  sergio.alvarez@...ns.com
http://www.nruns.com

Key fingerprint = B1E1 C0F2 89E6 575D 32DB  A871 AAAA E025 B237 9274
Key ID = B2379274

security - network - technology - consulting - herstellerunabhaengig

Registergericht Bad Homburg v.d. Hoehe, HRB 10399

Aufsichtsrat:
Horst Marscholek (Vorsitzender)
Ulrich Caspar
Alexander Kersting