Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:52:12 -0500
From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle@...il.com>
To: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Professional IT Security Service Providers -
	Exposed

On Dec 5, 2007 6:02 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 16:02:26 EST, secreview@...hmail.com said:
>
> > "Generally our reviews are done by reading the contents of the
> > companies website. We strip away all the marketing fluff and we
> > look for untruths, poor grammar, quality of service, team talent
> > and capabilities, site clarity, etc. If the website leaves us with
> > questions, or sounds too good to be true we call the security
> > company being reviewed and engage them in conversation about their
> > capabilities and offerings."
> >
> > You'll notice that the above is an exact quote and not some altered
> > version of what was said taken out of context by someone ("trains")
> > trying to sound smart.
>
> So you take *their* contents and strip marketing fluff, but you don't like
> it when somebody else does the same thing to your text?

Per the earlier re-re-posted paragraph, It seems he is saying its OK
if someone strips out the fluff from their email, as long as they
follow it up with personal communication and interaction to
re-evaluate their opinion and make a decision. Evaluating the websites
first just sounds like an easy way to filter out the LHF :-) After
all, if your sales team writes your SLA, how good a company can you
be?

You are slipping V :-p

-JP