Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:34:31 -1000
From: Peter Besenbruch <prb@...a.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Save XP

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 02:52:12 Tremaine Lea wrote:
> I run into a heck of a lot more people running linux (usually Ubuntu) these
> days than I did even 5 years ago.

Especially since Ubuntu didn't exist five years ago. ;)

On a more serious note, it was almost five years ago to the day that I finally
figured out how to get my home server to run Samba on Linux and have the
other Windows machines talk to it. Indeed, the Windows clients noticed no
difference in the network they were connected to.

The server had been a dual boot system, and ran Windows 2000 Pro while the
kids did their homework. I had switched my own computer to Linux the previous
fall. Now the server switched full time to Linux, and the process of
converting the kids' machines began.

The one constant from then to now is the use of "Windows" networking. :)

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky