Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 02:44:15 +0000
From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity@...glemail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Offensive Security Backtrack Training

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM,  <8ch@...hmail.com> wrote:
> I had to post this, this is actually my first post. You guys need
> to check this out, Muts the main creator of the backtrack live
> distro is starting to hold in person classes at a few locations
> around the US.
>
> http://www.offensive-security.com/ilt.php
>
> I took his online course and its amazing. I already had my CEH and
> a few other certs and this blows them out of the water. Do yourself
> a favor and check this out. The Backtrack to the max will BLOW YOUR
> MIND!
>

> 8ch

Fuck mutts / backtrack / offensive-security and the remote-exploit IRC
channel, they turned their back on the underground to make money.

What a dick he is for blantantly making money out of these courses to
line his own pocket, what happened to good old teaching people things
for the pure enthusiasm of computer security?

No, this guy even put banners for this on Securityfocus frontpage, he
is truely in it for the money and is up there with the all time great
profiteers of Symantec now and doesn't actually care about the
underground.

I'm as underground a guy and supporter as you get 9 years in the
security underground and would never turn my back on it just to line
my pocket, so i can buy extra sweeties next time i'm down the candy
shop.

Yep, he's done nothing wrong, but morally in my eyes, this is
absolutely disgusting.

I could have lined all my n3td3v shizzle with Google ads, and made a
shed load of money but i'm purely in this arena for unpaid enjoyment.

If i ever done courses, they'd all be free, even if i had to get a
bank loan out to fund it.

I leave the stinking rotten smell of profit to the likes of Symantec
and now Offensive Security, who don't care about anyone.

Should we accept commercial advertising like this on
Full-Disclosure??? I flagged it as spam in my trash can.

n3td3v
http://n3td3v.googlepages.com