Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:31:35 -0400
From: atlas <atlas@...80y.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Offensive Security Backtrack Training

> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 02:44:15 +0000
> From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity@...glemail.com>
> >
> > http://www.offensive-security.com/ilt.php
> >

> Fuck mutts / backtrack / offensive-security and the remote-exploit IRC
> channel, they turned their back on the underground to make money.
>
> What a dick he is for blantantly making money out of these courses to
> line his own pocket, what happened to good old teaching people things
> for the pure enthusiasm of computer security?
>
> No, this guy even put banners for this on Securityfocus frontpage, he
> is truely in it for the money and is up there with the all time great
> profiteers of Symantec now and doesn't actually care about the
> underground.
>
> I'm as underground a guy and supporter as you get 9 years in the
> security underground and would never turn my back on it just to line
> my pocket, so i can buy extra sweeties next time i'm down the candy
> shop.

Did you just say "security underground"?  What does that even *mean*!?
Hacking underground... yes, I get that... and it actually means something
(although likely less and commonly thought).

And so what if the guy makes some cash from training?  Getting paid to support
the habit is generally accepted as a good thing.  I'm glad you feel strongly
about making help and discussion available for free.  Many good things have
come from such ideals... but you sound like RMS of the "underground security"
scene.

</trolling>
--
LFXXKIDDMFXCO5BAO5QWS5BAMZXXEIDJNZZXA2LSMF2GS33OFYQFS33VEBUGC5TFEB2G6IDHN4QGCZTUMVZCA2LUEB3WS5DIEBQSAY3MOVRC4CQ=

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)