Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:36:50 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: RE :OT - Don't fuck with n3td3v

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 May 2008 16:24:45 BST, n3td3v said:
>
> > And you suffer from slanderous libelous defamation disability
> > disorder, a new disorder I have made up for idiots on Full-Disclosure.
>
> So you're saying he's suffering from a disorder that causes a disability in how
> well he can slander, libel, and defame somebody?  If so, you should be glad
> that you weren't slandered by somebody *not* suffering from it....

Maybe not, but the situation currently on Full-Disclosure is this...

False accusations. Many cyberstalkers try to damage the reputation of
their victim and turn other people against them. They post false
information about them on websites. They may set up their own
websites, blogs or user pages for this purpose. They post allegations
about the victim to newsgroups, chat rooms or other sites that allow
public contributions, such as Wikipedia or Amazon.com.[4]

Attempts to gather information about the victim. Cyberstalkers may
approach their victim's friends, family and work colleagues to obtain
personal information. They may advertise for information on the
Internet, or hire a private detective. They often will monitor the
victim's online activities and attempt to trace their IP address in an
effort to gather more information about their victims. [5]

Encouraging others to harass the victim. Many cyberstalkers try to
involve third parties in the harassment. They may claim the victim has
harmed the stalker or his/her family in some way, or may post the
victim's name and telephone number in order to encourage others to
join the pursuit.

False victimization. The cyberstalker will claim that the victim is
harassing him/her. Bocij writes that this phenomenon has been noted in
a number of well-known cases.

Attacks on data and equipment. They may try to damage the victim's
computer by sending viruses.

Ordering goods and services. They order items or subscribe to
magazines in the victim's name. These often involve subscriptions to
pornography or ordering sex toys then having them delivered to the
victim's workplace.

Arranging to meet. Young people face a particularly high risk of
having cyberstalkers try to set up meetings between them.[6]

Cyberstalkers meet or target their victims by using search engines,
online forums, bulletin and discussion boards, chat rooms, Wikipedia,
and more recently, through online communities such as MySpace,
Facebook, Friendster and Indymedia, a media outlet known for
self-publishing. They may engage in live chat harassment or flaming or
they may send electronic viruses and unsolicited e-mails. [7] Victims
of cyberstalkers may not even know that they are being stalked.
Cyberstalkers may research individuals to feed their obsessions and
curiosity. Conversely, the acts of cyberstalkers may become more
intense, such as repeatedly instant messaging their targets. [8]

More commonly they will post defamatory or derogatory statements about
their stalking target on web pages, message boards and in guest books
designed to get a reaction or response from their victim, thereby
initiating contact. [7] In some cases, they have been known to create
fake blogs in the name of the victim containing defamatory or
pornographic content.

When prosecuted, many stalkers have unsuccessfully attempted to
justify their behavior based on their use of public forums, as opposed
to direct contact. Once they get a reaction from the victim, they will
typically attempt to track or follow the victim's internet activity.
Classic cyberstalking behavior includes the tracing of the victim's IP
address in an attempt to verify their home or place of employment. [7]

Some cyberstalking situations do evolve into physical stalking, and a
victim may experience abusive and excessive phone calls, vandalism,
threatening or obscene mail, trespassing, and physical assault.[7]
Moreover, many physical stalkers will use cyberstalking as another
method of harassing their victims.[9] [10]

A 2007 study, led by Paige Padgett from the University of Texas Health
Science Center, found that there was a false degree of safety assumed
by women looking for love online.[11][12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking