Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:16:43 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [NANOG] IOS rootkits

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Dr. J Swift <fdiscsplat@...il.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 6:49 PM, n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com> wrote:
>> How can you say the cyber world is unlikely to end when Cisco is the
>> most widely used router on the internet today? Everyone uses Cisco,
>> all the ISP's and everyone.
>>
>> Even if the in the know guys secure their routers, there is still a
>> hell of a lot of people who won't and a rootkit for Cisco will damage
>> the internet, e-commerce and government!!!
>
> Mr. Wallace,
>
> You seem to be crafting a highly skilled act of social engineering.
> Its meaning and intent must have extensive global reach.  Why are you
> "talking up" this vulnerability to the extent that you are?

Tell me,

Do you want this presentation to go ahead, Yes or No?

I will link back to your reply and so will historians.

If you don't listen to n3td3v and Gadi Evron, at least we know we
tried to avert what we see is going to happen.

It won't be our necks on the line, it will be heads within government
which will be rolling who decided to ignore us and that this
presentation was a good idea.

All the best,

b3td3v