Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:49:47 +0200
From: Archibald Tuttle <lists@...spolina.org>
To: Sergio 'shadown' Alvarez <shadown@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: avira update.exe

Thanks for reply, sergio.
I had this problem 2 weeks ago for 3 days.
I thought that they fixed the updater because it was working fine
then.
yesterday the problem appears again.
so may be, it's reproducable.
I will send it to to avira.

a.t.

================================
orginal message:

Hi Tuttle,

If you read carefully what screenshot that you sent you'll realize it
very easyly...it's trying to write into a NULL pointer, that means it's
trying to write to the address 0x00000000 which in this case is not
allowed and therefore it's ending in an ACCESS VIOLARION exception.
The cause of that may be a couple (and not all of them belonging to the
AV software), just forward your problem to the AV company and they would
figure out how to fix that misbehavior.
It you want a quick fix to that..hehe well I would download and
reinstall it from the scratch again.

Cheers,
   Sergio