Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:34:30 -0700
From: Josh Dukes <josh.dukes@...rovu.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: very strange emails (email 1/2) Fwd: Sorry I
 did not reply sooner

Maybe he works for the CIA/NSA/FBI or other Three Letter Agency... most
likely not, but that same tactic has been used under several
authoritarian regiemes of the past (like Soviet Russia, or the
Austria-Hungarian Empire). It's probabbly used now in China. If the
<insert TLA> could just demand a list of emails from every email
provider, spam the hell out of a ton of people, then just investigate
the results, it would be worth the time. If they even got one response
from one crazy person they could claim they've "stopped a terrorist"
and look like heros for doing nothing. Sure, we all know how hugely
illegal that is, but seriously, has that *ever* stopped them before?
I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just sayin....

Or maybe it's just some strange fucking spam.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:06:37 -0700
"James Matthews" <nytrokiss@...il.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how someone was so board to write an email like that.
> And what he expects in return. He should at least use key words like
> the patriot act etc..
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:31 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:34:44 +0500, cissp79 said:
> >
> > > ive received 2 very strange emails and not sure why they have
> > > arrived in
> > my
> > > inbox
> >
> > Figuring these sort of things out is usually a *lot* easier when
> > you have *all* the e-mail headers, not just the 3-4 lines created
> > by the 'Forwarded message' feature.  In particular, the Received:
> > headers will tell you a lot about how the message got to you.

Josh Dukes
MicroVu IT Department