Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Trevow Andrews <trevorandrws3456@...oo.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Paul Asadoorian of PaulDotCom Enterprises /
	Podcast is ridiculous

I'm sorry, I just saw his talk at NS2008 on Embedded Device Security and it is wholely outdated. I can't believe people listen to this man talk. He's been going on this embedded device security thing for years now and it's all years old. His book on hacking WRT54G, which was at SANS, had nothing about the new OpenWRT Kamikaze release, but was instead about the old White Russian release. Way to stay with the times buddy. Me and a few students noticed many of the tutorials were directly copied from tutorials on the internet.

This speaks really bad for Sans. I'm here because my employer in the financial industry sent me, and it's been nothing but shit. I tried listening to the PaulDotCom podcast and it's riddled with inaccuracies and passive agressive fights bewteen Larry and Paul over which name is on the show title. Pauldotcom... have an ego much Paul?

I wouldn't hire Paul Asadoorian or Pauldotcom Enterprises to pen test an Apple 2, he wouldn't be able to because there are no Core Security wizards to test against an Apple 2.

His technical ability is that of a freshman at a technical college. He repeatedly makes mistakes and clearly doesn't know much about advanced security techniques outside of mass GUI pen testing suites. I think even having a podcast knocks anyone down a few points, but having a podcast and failing at the subject matter is just gross negligence.

No real research has even come out of Paul and Larry, no real anything has ever come out of Paul and Larry except for advertisments and bumps.

Larry Pesce is obviously the brains behind Pauldotcom. He is the only person who has actually made original things and done original research.

Larry if you read this, go off on your own, Paul is dragging you down.

I hope Sans reconsiders Paul's talks in the future, they are overly boring and out of date.

Content of type "text/html" skipped