Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:09:08 +0200
From: Thierry Zoller <Thierry@...ler.lu>
To: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@...ibm.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: When is it valid to claim that a
	vulnerability leads to a remote attack?

Hi Jonathan,

IMHO  it  generally  is classified as remote. Some vendors call it
"user  assisted  remote arbitrary code execution" which, in my opinion
is just downplaying the issue - there are virtually unlimited means to
get  somebody  or something to open such a file some less assisted but
still exploiting the issue at hand.

If  you  want  to  find  common  ground  with said person, propose the
denomination above.

This   subject   is  indeed  interesting and worth discussing, not sure
FD is the best place though.

Regards,
Thierry

--