Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:59:13 -0300
From: Ivan Security <ivanchukl@...il.com>
To: Fernando Gont <fernando.gont@...il.com>, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Microsoft Windows TCP/IP Timestamps Code
	Execution Vulnerability

Thanks Fernando. I'll take a look. It looks like a great read.

> Could you provide references for the aforementioned vulnerability
> (orphaned connections)?

Sure. I saw the vulnerability in the securiteam website.

http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5KP022KSAO.html

>>From there, i did some research and tests. I wrote all the results in this
forum (Spanish)

http://foro.elhacker.net/bugs_y_exploits/pruebas_de_zerowindow-t275385.0.html

You will find a proof of concept that i've implemented (not a brillant code,
it shows the vulnerability :P).
I don't send the PoC to the list because i don't know the rules.
Nevertheless, it's just a PoC.

@Valdis Kletnieks:
Have you ever found something by binary difference with windows patches?. If
it's humaly impossible, i'll drop this method and i'll try to send crafted
packets in a fuzzy manner but i needed ideas. I mean, guesses about the
possible implementation of the TS option.

Regards,
Ivan.

2009/11/27 Fernando Gont <fernando.gont@...il.com>

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Ivan Security <ivanchukl@...il.com>
> wrote:
>
> > vulnerabilitiy called "Microsoft Windows XP/Vista TCP/IP Orphaned
> > Connections Vulnerability" because i had more information. I'm testing
> this
> > issue against a Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. I could patch it and then
> > compare the corresponding binary files.
> > Following your guesses i can start to try something buggy. Thanks.
>
> Could you provide references for the aforementioned vulnerability
> (orphaned connections)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fernando

Content of type "text/html" skipped