Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:23:24 -0800
From: brian moore <bem@....net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Yahoo! UK and US Hiring Security and Risk
 management experts

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:42:30 -0800
mark seiden <mis@...oo-inc.com> wrote:

> it's true that yahoo is hiring security people, though, typically not as consultants
> but as employees -- programmers and engineers who are clueful about
> security.

Really?

Cause they could sure use some.... (Considering the spam I get from Yahoo, where the
Yahoo abuse people deny that web113903.mail.gq1.yahoo.com [98.136.167.123] is part of Yahoo.)

I'd say you have a serious security problem, since if that's true, someone has compromised
your DNS servers as well as records at ARIN that say Yahoo owns that network.

	by mailhost.cmc.net (Postfix) with SMTP id 7CA5C29EB0A
	for <webmaster@...i.com>; Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:59:41 -0800 (PST)

That didn't come from Yahoo, either, according to your employees.

	by bert.cmc.net (Postfix) with SMTP id 805631F918
	for <rom@....org>; Sat, 20 Feb 2010 06:31:13 -0800 (PST)

That didn't come from Yahoo either...

Looks like someone is totally having a field day with your DNS servers and ARIN, because it certainly
can't be that your abuse staff is completely incompetent and ignoring spam complaints with lies
about it not coming from Yahoo.