Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:52:35 -0800
From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@...edump.cx>
To: "james o' hare" <jamesohare69@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: SecurityFocus to partially shut down

> People can post code and messages on blogs and post the link to
> Twitter, thats how the threat landscape of the future will look, we
> don't really need mailing lists now for straight forward vulnerability
> disclosure.

Totally!

Now, it's sort of hard to follow every existing and upcoming security
researcher on Twitter, so it would be useful to have some sort of an
aggregating functionality - we could call it a "group" - so that you
only need to follow - one could say, "subscribe to" - this one source.
And there's more! A radical web thought: why not make it possible for
authors to sign up themselves and syndicate their work? This may just
work!

Having said that, we probably do not want too many mindless retweets
and off-topic rants, so how about we appoint several seasoned industry
folks to police the discussions lightly and fight spam? We could call
them "admins" or "moderators", if you will.

Wow, this thing could be big. Any VCs on the list?

/mz