Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 21:10:46 +0100
From: Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@...world.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: go public to avoid jail

PsychoBilly wrote:
> The_UT went to jail because his Gonzales m8 kindly supplied irc logs

A *long* time ago I found a buffer overflow issue with a MAC web server
reported to devs but no takeup. With only a few hundred web requests I
could take down a web server. Noddy stuff today but in those days (macs)
were considered almost bulletproof.

I published this and one "fanboi" said it could not be done. He offered
to host a web server and PAY me to demonstrate the process. I declined
to run the demo but sent him the script and told him how to run it and
what to expect. A few weeks later I emailed him and asked if he had run
it - he did not reply - a followup email bounced as "user unknown".

The reason I was not prepared to run the demo for him against his systems
- rdns gave a US DOD domain.

Moral: never play with (or against) a DOD BOFH - escpecialy a mac fanboi!

Jacqui