Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 03:06:18 +0000
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <Thor@...merofgod.com>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Windows' future (reprise)

This just gets better all the time.  I have to admit, it was fun at first, but now's I grow weary, mostly because this is just sad.

For you to actually think that one can't find out how much free drive space in Windows would be funny it were not so ridiculous.  And it's been built into DIR forever.  Oh, and your .bas file is 60,000 some odd bytes, not 1951.  I think you are confusing the size with the last time you actually did research into what you are talking about.

The main point here is for people to see how easy it is for someone who admits that they know nothing about .NET, nor care to learn anything about .NET, to honestly and publically say that people must uninstall it as if it were the plague.  You actually get paid to tell people to uninstall it and use "a .NET connector to PHP" - whatever the hell that is.  Simply amazing to me.

And yet, it's fine for YOU to continue to use a "closed source" operating system to run your "dear Peg" closed source email program because you don't feel like practicing what you preach.   To think that you consider insight into moving a couple of computers over to *nix as the basis to make sweeping generalized statements of how migrating is a one-off cost staggers the imagination.  But, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so good luck with yours dude.   But what you are doing to the poor people who not only trust you but also pay you seems to be quite a disservice indeed.  But that's between you and whatever your ethic is.

So in a nutshell (and I'll drop off after this as I think this has played itself out) you hate closed source and .NET and get paid to tell other people to migrate to non-existent ".NET connector's to PHP" after switching from Windows to BSD, but compose the very email that you so vehemently condemn them on a closed source operating system with a closed source program because you don't have "time to figure out how to use your computer at the same time." (direct quote).  I think I got it.  Thanks for sharing.

Oh, one last thing - your "dear Pegasus" 4.51 Windows-based program that you hypocritically hold on to while demonizing Windows and .NET was...   wait for it....   wait for it....   written with Visual Studio 2008 C++  - a proud Microsoft .NET Framework development platform!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Goodnight!