Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:03:49 +0100
From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail@...ahattin-gucukoglu.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Windows' future (reprise)

On 16 May 2010, at 04:06, Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
> Oh, one last thing - your "dear Pegasus" 4.51 Windows-based program that you hypocritically hold on to while demonizing Windows and .NET was...   wait for it....   wait for it....   written with Visual Studio 2008 C++  - a proud Microsoft .NET Framework development platform!

Sadly, a bad example: it was ported from Borland, an increasingly fragile and unsupported compiler.  It's also not a .net app, which IMNSHO makes a world of difference to the point being made, but never mind that, you've had your last word.

FTR: David did say some supportive things about RAD and .net.  It's all there in his blog, and I can't be bothered looking for it.  I also note that Pegasus wines reasonably well, so using the header to identify the platform of the sender may mislead you.  It is, alas, a well-rounded GUI mailer that Unix people such as myself rather like compared to the mint-flavoured-wire GUI alternatives.

Cheers,
Sabahattin

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (2655 bytes)