Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:36:37 -0400
From: "Elazar Broad" <elazar@...hmail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, peak@...o.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Subject: Re: Expired certificate

<snip>
Can't you? The world is full of unpatched systems. You can even find
systems where patches are not installed because it is running a
piece of
mission critical software and they would lose support if they
installed
any patches (I am not making this up).
</snip>

Spot on. I know of one large accounting/ERP system(which shall
remain nameless, though I am sure there are those out there who
have come across it) that checked the SQL version, including the
revision number at runtime, which made patching SQL impossible.