Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:19:15 -0500
From: Steve Pinkham <steve.pinkham@...il.com>
To: Juan Sacco <juansacco@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [VIDEO] Keylogger, RecordMic and Shell

On 01/26/2011 12:58 PM, Juan Sacco wrote:
> The tool doesnt have any licence, we are using Python and Ruby. The
> download size is 120mb
>
> Thanks for your interest!
> Juan Sacco

OK, let's clarify the reasoning behind the questions:

>> 1) What is the license?
Under copyright law, I can't redistribute someone else's work without
permission.  This permission is usually given in the form of a license
grant of some sort. You can choose a open source license like BSD or
GPL, or a freeware license grant, many examples of which can be found by
searching the net for "freeware license".

A simple "You may copy or distribute this software free of charge".or
"This program may be freely distributed" is good enough in most locations.

If you like being awesome(and who doesn't), you can try out the WTFPL.
No better (and might be worse) then the simple statements above, but who
cares? Isn't awesome the goal?

http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/

>> 2) What is included that you don't hold the copyright to?
Much like the above, I need some legal reassurance that no one else can
make copyright claims and sue me for infringement for hosting this
download.  To verify this, I need to know who owns the copyrights for
other software you have included, so I can verify your license is
compatible with their license, and that I can distribute it legally.

>> 3) What is the size of the download?

This one was answered! That's 1 out of 3.. 2 more left for free hosting!

Steve
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (6034 bytes)