Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:10:55 +0300
From: nix@...roxylists.com
To: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: NiX API

> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:05:37 +0300, nix@...roxylists.com said:
>> In most cases, the malicious user is denied access even before a
>> fraudulent purchase is made!
>
>> Since implementation of NiX API with it's current featuers: 0 fraudulent
>> purchases in last 2-3 weeks period. It definitely does something.
>
> OK, I'll bite - how many *lost sales* did you have because NIX
> false-positived
> and rejected a non-malicious user before a valid purchase was made?
> Making
> something that rejects *every* malicious attack is *easy* - just reject
> every
> request.  Of course, that's not very practical for production use, so you
> end
> up having to trade off false positives and negatives to minimize the total
> cost...

Very good point and question. The proxy detection accuracy is 99%:
http://myproxylists.com/proxy-checker (We have own tool to backup this
claim and accuracy. This tool has been also tested and developed for over
a year). It can test 600,000 proxy in 24 hours using 125 threads on a
decent VPS. Dedicated quad-core server can handle multiple instances
easily ;)

The backlisted hosting provider data accuracy is excellent because we have
a fool-proof method before any address range is added. We are verifying
this data manually, check their websites and so on. You will see in the
API logs from which service provider range the blocked user originated.

Tor exit node data blacklist is also 99% accurate.

You will have the option to white list any IP or CIDR notation. Also if
anyone think there's an error, we will investigate and possibly correct
this error in reasonable timeframe.

You will also see exactly at which site someone got blocked, why and when.
For example my GSP (Game Server Provider) site is getting automated proxy
requests all the time which are blocked real-time from accessing the site.

I know many of you may want to overlook this new service and questionnaire
it's effectiveness. Unfortunatley we have no name yet but please bear in
mind that this service is free if you place a backlink.

Simply you can test it, there's also the demo. Test it and magic will
happend if you happened to have issue with fraudulent or otherway abusive
users.

For example, unlike the most of other blacklists, their blacklisted open
proxy data is based on google. We DO test all the proxies before those
proxies will be even added to the database. This whey we have exact
details of the proxy, when it worked, what type it was etc.

Now another questions may arise, 'there's no such a thing than a 1k
working open proxy'. You all are completely wrong, there are a far over 1k
working proxy every day and several hundreds of those proxies bybasses
paypal's security, and many other payment gateway as well.

When we add all hacked hosting providers sites, that's where the most of
online fraud and other abuse originates from.