Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:46:30 +0200
From: Marc Manthey <marc@....de>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Possible Code Execution vulnerability in
	WordPress ?

hello list,

Sorry this is my first post to this list because i am really worried
about a  wordpress vulnerability and someone on this list might use
wordpress aswell
and could give me some advice what todo.

I am using wordpress since 2 years without any trouble, update
regulary , but last friday, i got a mail from my hoster that someone
"uploaded"
a phishing script into my "upload folder" in wordpress and google put
my site on the blocklists aswell.

  After i found out that the "contact form" module might cause the
problem because i allways found a
  "wpcf7_captcha" directory in my "upload folder , i removed the
module and all when fine for a day..

>> http://let.de/wp-content/themes/twentyten/www1.royalbank.com/index.html

Today i received another mail from rsa.com  that the same script is
still on my site just in a "theme" folder.

> http://let.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/www1.royalbank.com/index.html

I  looked into the installed "phishing script"   http://www.2shared.com/file/M9zwMVr5/www1royalbankcom.html
it seems everything is loaded from https://www1.royalbank.com/  for
example
https://www1.royalbank.com/common/images/english/logo_rbc_rb.gif  <
but this is not the original banking site !!

Is this a DNS manipulation ? https://www1.royalbank.com <  ??? when i
try http://www.royalbank.com it redirects me to the original banking
site at

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com  !!!!

After  i searched for some information , i found this on the full
disclosure list , and i am a bit  concerned now....

[Full-disclosure]	Code Execution vulnerability in WordPress  http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2011/Apr/535

Vulnerabilities in WordPress http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/510274

any idea what todo beside shutting my site down :)?

regards

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231