Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:06:09 +0300
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: Marc Manthey <marc@....de>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, phishing@....com
Subject: Re: Possible Code Execution vulnerability in
 WordPress ?

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 01:46:30PM +0200, Marc Manthey wrote:
> hello list,
>
> Sorry this is my first post to this list because i am really worried
> about a  wordpress vulnerability and someone on this list might use
> wordpress aswell
> and could give me some advice what todo.
>
> I am using wordpress since 2 years without any trouble, update
> regulary , but last friday, i got a mail from my hoster that someone
> "uploaded"
> a phishing script into my "upload folder" in wordpress and google put
> my site on the blocklists aswell.
>
>   After i found out that the "contact form" module might cause the
> problem because i allways found a
>   "wpcf7_captcha" directory in my "upload folder , i removed the
> module and all when fine for a day..
>
> >> http://let.de/wp-content/themes/twentyten/www1.royalbank.com/index.html
>
> Today i received another mail from rsa.com  that the same script is
> still on my site just in a "theme" folder.
>
> > http://let.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/www1.royalbank.com/index.html
>

> I  looked into the installed "phishing script"   http://www.2shared.com/file/M9zwMVr5/www1royalbankcom.html
> it seems everything is loaded from https://www1.royalbank.com/  for
> example
> https://www1.royalbank.com/common/images/english/logo_rbc_rb.gif  <
> but this is not the original banking site !!
>
> Is this a DNS manipulation ? https://www1.royalbank.com <  ??? when i
> try http://www.royalbank.com it redirects me to the original banking
> site at
>
> http://www.rbcroyalbank.com  !!!!
>
> After  i searched for some information , i found this on the full
> disclosure list , and i am a bit  concerned now....
>
> [Full-disclosure]	Code Execution vulnerability in WordPress  http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2011/Apr/535
>

> Vulnerabilities in WordPress http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/510274
>
> any idea what todo beside shutting my site down :)?
>
> regards
>
> Marc

Which version of Wordpress and modules you were using? Do you have logs of the incident? I am including RBC to this email as they probably are interested of the details. There might be other similar phishing pages active.

www1.royalbank.com has address 142.245.40.233
www.royalbank.com has address 142.245.34.203
royalbank.com has address 142.245.1.203
www.rbcroyalbank.com has address 142.245.1.15
rbcroyalbank.com has address 142.245.1.15

Whois of both domains:
---
   Registrant:
      Royal Bank of Canada
      RBC Domain Registration
      330 Front St W - 4th Flr
      Toronto, ON M5V 3B7
      CA
      Email: rbcdomainreg@....com

   Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
   Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
   Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com

   Domain Name: rbcroyalbank.com

      Created on..............: Thu, Nov 09, 2000
      Expires on..............: Sun, Nov 09, 2014
      Record last updated on..: Fri, Feb 11, 2011

   Administrative,Technical Contact:
      Royal Bank of Canada
      RBC Domain Registration
      330 Front St W - 4th Flr