Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:38:53 +0900
From: 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato@...oo.co.jp>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Search and Seizure of Email

Nicely put.

Too bad folks in the other OT thread on this list (and around the world)
don't feel the same way about economics -- and other things, like
healthcare, for that matter...

Its all about manning up and making yourself secure in whatever way that
means to you, no matter how futile everything ultimately is. As we exist
within a thin, delecate biosphere wrapped about a rocky conglomerate
hurtling through cold, uncaring space and have only arrived in our
current state after millions of years of lethal evolutionary struggle it
is shallow to think that we have somehow arrived at a special point in
time and struggles no longer apply -- and that now all that must be done
is write a few laws and freedom, liberty, information privacy, jobs and
free bags of money will come pouring in.

Nobody cares about your problems, your health, your liberty, your
freedoms, your life or your privacy but you. And nobody can be compelled
to be concerned with such things, they themselves being in the same
situation. Laws are a fancy way of attempting to coerce the government
monopoly on violence to enforce a sense of caring within society, and
this always fails (and is usually, in the ultimate irony, centered on
money and materials, the very things that "caring" isn't made of in the
first place).

This applies whether we're talking about "my online privacy" as if it
were a right, "my healthcare" as if it were a right, or even child
education or employment.