Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:41:24 +1100
From: xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com>
To: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <bugs@....dhs.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 11.10 now unsecure by default

Ubuntu has issued an update for librsvg. This fixes a vulnerability,
which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of
Service) and potentially compromise an application using the
library.

It just does not stop with ubuntu.. really, everyday i see another
problem lib etc... well, atleast theyre fixing it :s maybe in a cpl
years Ubuntu will be abit nicer to use.. or, just go back a few
versions and harden... i found 2009 kernel of ubuntu very easy to
harden, yet newer ones, i would be worried to even attempt..
anyhow thats all i think i have on this toic.. its another wasted time
topic... MS has had this 'feauture' for years...so why is it only
being picked out in ubuntu..
ohwell.. i guess the divison of iso cds is a problem..and somuch
magazine coverage where ubuntu developers themmselfs have spoken on
the ease of use... APC magazine likes ubuntu actually, but it also
classes it as newbie, nowdays the kernel is more 'buggy' tho.
rm -rf /current_devs
touch a_secure_launchpad_where_ALL_addons_pass_testers
thats all on this topic.. so lame... discussing one os, and then i
guess for what, unless kcope makes a post the list is frozen talking
cfrap... like this :s
you guys have told me to growup, ill tell you guys, welcome to the 21st century.
XD

PS: pce Larry :) just used your email coz, it was about ONLY decent
one out of like 30 on that tpic :P
hehe...take care m8!