Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:13:12 +0000
From: Benji <me@...ji.com>
To: Julius Kivimäki <julius.kivimaki@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: TWSL2012-002: Multiple Vulnerabilities in
	WordPress

Yes it does.

wp-admin/setup-config.php?step=1 on any wp install where it exists gives
this:

The file 'wp-config.php' already exists one level above your WordPress
installation. If you need to reset any of the configuration items in this
file, please delete it first.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Julius Kivimäki
<julius.kivimaki@...il.com>wrote:

> Funny but no, this does not need a non-installed wordpress.
>

> 2012/1/25 Benji <me@...ji.com>
>
>> Dear full-disclosure
>>
>> I wrote to you to tell you about serious serious vulnerability in all
>> Windows versions.
>>
>> If you turn machine on before system is configured, then you be able to
>> set user password yourself, big gaping hole!!!!
>>
>> I make big large botnet to fully utilise this impressive vulnerability!
>> thegrugq said i could sell this for liike 3 ferrari's and 1 russian wife, i
>> say nay though! Big time russian mobster offer me diamond, i say nay! I
>> like report vuln of this size responsibility in so hope to make more
>> money^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsecure world.
>>
>> Please full-disclosure, this vuln is serious and i plead you shut down
>> all windows now.
>>
>> I wrote metasploit module! It find new installs turned off machine, WOL
>> and i go to house and enter password! FULL SYSTEM OWNED! Big botnets! Many
>> wifes!

>>> not
>>> WordPress
>>> be
>>>
>>> I may have missed something, but does simply having the file exposed
>>> make you
>>> vulnerable.  From looking at it, it starts of with a bunch of
>>> file_exists(),
>>> which essentially evaluate if you've installed or not and wp_die() if you
>>> have.
>>>
>>> Tim
>>> --
>>> Tim Brown