Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:21:04 +0200
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	Julius Kivimäki <julius.kivimaki@...il.com>
Cc: security@...dpress.org
Subject: Re: TWSL2012-002: Multiple Vulnerabilities in
 WordPress

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 04:13:12PM +0000, Benji wrote:
> Yes it does.
>
> wp-admin/setup-config.php?step=1 on any wp install where it exists gives
> this:
>
> The file 'wp-config.php' already exists one level above your WordPress
> installation. If you need to reset any of the configuration items in this
> file, please delete it first.

Yes this is correct information at least with new versions of WordPress. We are running pretty big Linux-server in our organization and I can tell you that open "install me" -pages are very common and I see these as problem.

I can try to find out what went wrong with the installation or did they remove the WordPress-installation and didn't understand to remove everything included. I really hope to see this patched anyways just to be sure. I don't know what the actual impact in user-experience can be. Could WordPress comment?

- Henri Salo