Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:07:24 -0200
From: "Marcio B. Jr." <marcio.barbado@...il.com>
To: Levente Peres <sheridan@...sz.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Megaupload Anonymous hacker retaliation,
	nobody wins

Hi Levente,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Levente Peres <sheridan@...sz.org> wrote:
> On 01/26/2012 03:04 AM, Marcio B. Jr. wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Levente Peres<sheridan@...sz.org>  wrote:
>>> This will give decision makers EXACTLY what they WANT.
>>
>> Those who have already given up democracy think that way.

> I don't want to get into any
> "conspiracy theory" - either one thinks that way or doesn't, but if you
> look at the patterns, then let's just say that strong interest groups
> somehow always seem to get past these democratic barriers to create
> situations in which they can generate profit.

"conspiracy theory"?? "let's just say"??

That happens. It is, say, a fact.

> Fortunately, most of the
> time they still need to play for the public and ask "nicely" first
> before they can do whatever they damn well please.

Wrong.

Corporations do whatever they please, and that is achieved through
propaganda, which in turn, prepares the masses to think they are being
asked "nicely".

> But I feel that is
> changing.

Yes, it's getting internationally worst. Search for ACTA.

One crackdown we're living in. Goal is: keeping knowledge away from the people.

> Yes, we have such thing
> as democracy out there

Where is it? Switzerland maybe? The kibbutzim of Israel?

> - but we also have self-interest, and this
> self-interest also exists in officials, and it can be exploited.

And non-officials can react to that.

> Lately, after Wikipedia and many others stood by the people, peacefully
> but with great resolve, public will has won. Not necessarily because
> that was the will of the people - to have none of PIPA etc... -

Not the people as a whole (which would be ideal) but a small part of
it who is trying to participate more often in wide scope decisions.

> but more
> likely because we have triggered this protection of "self interest" in
> the officials.

Which is still a "will".

> Quite simply, elected ones got afraid of not being
> re-elected, or just going too far and getting into something they cannot
> handle with a popular face. They appeared to have no "valid" moral
> reason anymore to cooperate with the passing, so they bailed out.

That is not democracy but a rotten representative system. Masses were
taught to accept it as fair.

> But these interest groups know that officials also have a
> mandate to protect "security", which is a largely different matter.

Man, why you keep separating "officials" from "interest groups"? They
are the same thing. SAME THING.

> If
> they can picture it so that security's being violated somehow, and start
> making enough noise about "security" and telling people that "you could
> be attacked next" as so on, then quite simply, people will start
> demanding them to do whatever they wanted to do in the first place.

Naivety detected.

Conglomerates' propaganda indoctrinates most of the people to see
insecurity and fear where and when is appropriate.

Marcio Barbado, Jr.