Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:02:47 -0400
From: "Mikhail A. Utin" <mutin@...monwealthcare.org>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 88, Issue 11:

My 10 cents:
I'm glad that such discussions happen on this list. I would not consider that as "out of topic", because Information Security, and security in general, did/do include significant political component, and we cannot avoid or ignore it. Plus, and it is important as well, it gives as a freedom of speech and an ability of better understanding of each other in this "fulldisclosure" society of security fans and professionals.
What actually surprises me, is that people's voice of millions still unheard. Internet has been already used to change regimes (like in Egypt) for better or worse, but there is no well-known and used by everybody resource of expressing an opinion. I mean a magnitude of Google or Wikipedia. I'm surprised that Google still does not have on its default page a big button "My Opinion". I think that it would be much easier to implement than Maps or other services. I've seen in past some sites collecting public opinion, but we need such as Google to move that forward. Would it be beneficial to Google? I think so. To people? Of course. Politicians? I would bet for. The only one problem is the government. More likely it will be on losing end very often. So, may it be the reason Google did or will not implement that?

Mikhail