Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:17:02 -0700
From: Scott Solmonson <scosol@...sol.org>
To: Григорий Братислава <musntlive@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Linux - Indicators of compromise

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Григорий Братислава
<musntlive@...il.com> wrote:

> Is first MustnLive watch really good movie and is use
> quote from is movie:

Funny, I now want to watch Goldeneye for some reason...

> MusntLive is show you how you fail across many 'vertical' industries.

<snipped industries>

Everything you mention are parts of critical infrastructure.
Any organization/nation that claims to have its shit together will
have triple-redundancy, with complete isolation, and optimally
geographical dispersion in place, for said industries.

Read again what I said:

>> Once data integrity has been compromised, service downtime is almost always the lesser cost.

Your example of critical infrastructure confirms this.
It's better for banking transactions to no be made, versus for them to
go to the wrong account with the wrong amount.
It's better for a doctor to potentially have to make a quick judgement
call, versus giving the wrong procedure to the wrong patient.
It's better for the power plant to go down versus overspinning the
turbines, or shutting off the reactor cooling, and exploding or
melting down.
It's better for the airplanes to have to circle for a bit more versus
sending two on to the same runway at the same time.
etc.
etc.
etc

-SS