Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 21:23:08 +0000
From: gp@...rent.net
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Digital Ocean ssh key authentication security risk --
 password authentication is re-enabled

Hello,

The last time I contacted them they did not care about this. It's
basically a feature. They also used to (or still do) reset SSH host keys
and other things.

A suggested workaround if I remember correctly was to set a sticky bit
on the files you did not want their bootstrap script to modify. I have
no idea if this works or if it makes sense as I worked around the
problem another way.

Have you tried reaching support about it? I would expect you might get a
different response depending on which tech you end up on.

-gp