Date:	Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:46:14 -0500
From:	Drew Reusser <dreusser@...il.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Issue with bad file system

Hello all,

I am having an issue with a ext4 file system which I cannot get to
come back up.  There were no changes that I know of, but I rebooted,
and when the system came back up it was not able to read from the hard
drives.  I have it setup in a raid 10 configuration, and can mount the
raid array with no issues.  However when I mount the file system, I
get the following error "EXT4-fs (md0): VFS: Can't find ext4
filesystem" from the log files.

Is there anyone that can help as I have to get this data back and I
prefer not to have to go to a professional to get it back and spend
the money.

-Drew

Basic Info:  4x1TB disks, raid 10 equaling 2TB total.  All four disks
are just one giant partition starting at the 2MB mark so I could boot
and put mdadm in the boot sector and get into linux.

Some basic commands below:

mint mnt # mount -t ext4 /dev/md0 /mnt/raid
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0,
       dmesg | tail  or so

C is the pen-drive I am booting from currently and F is the 2TB disk I
was using to backup to.

mint dev # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   7        0     939820 loop0