Date:   Wed, 2 May 2018 21:56:00 +0530
From:   RAJESH DASARI <raajeshdasari@...il.com>
To:     sandeen@...hat.com
Cc:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Reg: logical volume file system is getting corrupted after
 multiple reboots.

Please find the response in line.

Thanks,
Rajesh Dasari.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 6:15 PM, Eric Sandeen <esandeen@...hat.com> wrote:
> On 4/30/18 1:27 PM, RAJESH DASARI wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>
>> We are noticing an issue with logical volume file system is getting
>> corrupted after restarting the machine for multiple times.
>
> When you say restarting, are you talking about clean reboots, or
> power fails etc that may replay the log?

It is clean reboot. no power failures.

> (Also note that for a while at least on Fedora, systemd was preventing
> the root filesystem from unmounting cleanly on reboot.)
>
> So, were these log-replay-inducing machine restarts or "clean" reboots?
>
>> This issue we have started noticing after upgrading the kernel to 4.4.121.
>
> What was the previous kernel that did not seem to exhibit the problem?

we have upgraded from 4.4.106 to 4.4.121 and e2fsprogs from 1.43.9 to
1.44.0. After the upgrade this issue is noticed.

Now I have downgraded the kernel to 4.4.106 and downgraded e2fsprogs
to 1.43.9 and issue is disappeared.
> If this happens again, capturing the primary super in some way (i.e.
> e2image, or even simply using dd to copy it) might be interesting, to see
> exactly what the corruption is.

I tried capturing the primary super block using dd command to some
file, but still i get the same error when i do dumpe2fs on the file.