Date:   Wed, 26 Jun 2019 11:17:54 -0400
From:   Thomas Walker <Thomas.Walker@...sigma.com>
To:     "'linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org'" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
CC:     "Darrick J. Wong" <darrick.wong@...cle.com>,
        "'tytso@....edu'" <tytso@....edu>,
        Geoffrey Thomas <Geoffrey.Thomas@...sigma.com>
Subject: Re: Phantom full ext4 root filesystems on 4.1 through 4.14 kernels

Sorry to revive a rather old thread, but Elana mentioned that there might have been a related fix recently?  Possibly something to do with truncate?
A quick scan of the last month or so turned up https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ext4/msg65772.html but none of these seemed obviously applicable to me.
We do still experience this phantom space usage quite frequently (although the remount workaround below has lowered the priority).