Date:	Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:39:29 -0400
From:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>
To:	Netdev List <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>,
	Russell King <rmk+lkml@....linux.org.uk>,
	"Kok, Auke" <auke-jan.h.kok@...el.com>
Subject: [RFT] e100 driver on ARM

One of the last steps necessary to deprecate the eepro100 driver is to
ensure that e100 works everywhere that eepro100 does.

The eepro100 removal has been blocked for almost a year by a vague
suggestion from Russell that e100 doesn't work on ARM.  But he doesn't
have that machine anymore.  So, we're stuck in limbo.

This is a call to anyone who can test an Intel 10/100 chip on the ARM
platform, in an effort to see where we are.  I'm looking for answers to
the following two questions:

1) Does e100 driver work on ARM?

2) If not, does the "e100-sbit" branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
work on ARM?

FWIW, the e100-sbit branch has been in Andrew Morton's -mm tree since
Nov 2005.

Below is the commit message for the e100-sbit change, in case anyone is
interested.  I'm also hoping that Intel will help solve this problem,
but poking Intel hasn't produced very much :(

	Jeff

--
VGER BF report: U 0.499999