Date:	Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:30:46 -0400
From:	"John Stoffel" <john@...ffel.org>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>,
	"linux-ide@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>,
	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...l.org>
Subject: Re: PATA drivers queued for 2.6.19

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

Alan> Ar Llu, 2006-09-04 am 07:01 -0400, ysgrifennodd Jeff Garzik:
>> The following must be in all caps, though:
>>
>> drivers/ide IS STILL THE PATA DRIVER SET THAT USERS AND DISTROS SHOULD
>> CHOOSE.

Alan> Except optionally for the following for chips not handled by or broken
Alan> totally in drivers/ide:

Alan> 	pata_mpiix - some early pentium era laptops
Alan> 	pata_oldpiix - original "PIIX" chipset
Alan> 	pata_radisys - embedded chipset

What about pata_hpt37x and it's failure to work with my HPT302 Rev one
controller?  I admit it could be just an IRQ problem, but since
2.6.18-rc5-mm1 works with the old ide/pci/hpt366.c, but not with the
new version?  It's using the same interrupt each time too.

John