Date:	Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:14:37 +0100
From:	Alessandro Di Marco <dmr@....it>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] System Inactivity Monitor v1.0

Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz> writes:

   Hi!

   >    > +if [ ! -d "/proc/sin" ]; then
   >    > +    echo "/proc/sin not found, has sinmod been loaded?"
   >    > +    exit
   >    > +fi
   >
   >    No new /proc files, please.
   >
   > This was merely a prototype realized in a hurry, not a production
   > driver. Really, I did't think it could be interesting for anybody.
   >
   > Would be /sys ok?

   If it has to be in kernel, /sys/power is probably ok.

Doh! The attached patch introduces /sys/class/misc (along with some bug-fixes.)
In case I'll change it again.

Ah, there is still a time-warp bug pending. In practice I have to turn off the
timer just before suspending, hibernating, etc or it will give you hell on the
next system resume...

   But I still believe it can be out.

Do you believe it could be a user-space daemon or what?

Best,

View attachment "sysfs.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (26729 bytes)

--
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you
didn't do. - Zachary Scott