Date:	Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:47:45 -0600
From:	"Scott Preece" <sepreece@...il.com>
To:	"Martin Bligh" <mbligh@...igh.org>
Cc:	"Theodore Tso" <tytso@....edu>,
	"Sunil Naidu" <akula2.shark@...il.com>,
	"Josh Boyer" <jwboyer@...il.com>,
	"James Morris" <jmorris@...ei.org>, "Alan Cox" <alan@...hat.com>,
	"Christoph Hellwig" <hch@....de>, ksummit-2006-discuss@...nk.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

On 1/24/07, Martin Bligh <mbligh@...igh.org> wrote:

> It's not just the cost of travel by any means - the extra travel time and
> jetlag involved is huge - having everybody sleep through a conference is
> distinctly less productive.
>
> One of the advantages of the EST timezone locations is that it's at least
> reasonably central to most of the players involved. Obviously, wherever
> we hold it, some people get screwed ... the question is what screws
> the fewest people the least. Personally, I'd prefer PST for purely selfish
> reasons, but ... ;-)
---

Hmm - Sounds like it needs to go to Halifax! [I was going to suggest
Reykjavik, but was surprised to see it was in the same time zone as
the UK.]

I wonder what the geographic center of the kernel community is.
Somebody with boundless energy could harvest the mail headers from
LKML, remove duplicates, and figure out the temporal center from the
timezone information in the headers, but I don't know an easy way to
get to air-mile distances...

scott