Date:	Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:55:53 +0100
From:	Alessandro Di Marco <dmr@....it>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, vojtech@...e.cz
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] System Inactivity Monitor v1.0

Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz> writes:

   Well, I do not think your kernel code is mergeable. But bits to enable
   similar functionality in userspace probably would be mergeable.

You said it :-)

This patch exports to the user space the inactivity time (in msecs) of a given
input device. Example follows:

<0> $ cat /proc/bus/input/activity
0011 0001 0001 ab41     1
0011 0002 0008 0000     3160799
0011 0002 0008 7321     549991
0019 0000 0005 0000     3160799
0019 0000 0001 0000     3454901
0010 104d 0000 0000     3160799
0010 104d 0000 0000     2162833

The device ordering matches the /proc/bus/input/devices one, anyway I reported
also vendor, product, etc. Now the daemon is trivial...

Bye

Ah, the interesting column is the fifth ;-)

View attachment "input-activity.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (2782 bytes)

--
I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're
dead. - Samuel Goldwyn