Date:	Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:18:53 -0300
From:	Pablo Sebastian Greco <lkml@...agreco.com.ar>
To:	Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>
CC:	Marcus Haebler <haebler@...il.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: SATA problems

Tejun Heo wrote:
> Pablo Sebastian Greco wrote:
>
>> Tejun Heo wrote:
>>
>>> * Pablo, the bug you saw was bad interaction between blacklisted NCQ
>>> device and dynamic queue depth adjustment.  Patches are submitted to fix
>>> the problem.  Just drop the blacklist patch.  Your drives should work
>>> fine in NCQ mode.  My gut feeling is that your problem is power related
>>> from the beginning.
>>>

>> I had the same problems with a new Power Supply, Now everything is ok
>> with the old Power Supply and the new drives.
>>

> So, it was bad drives?  Are you using the same model or different ones?
>  NCQ works okay now?

All I can say is that now is working, other things changed with the new
drives: 1.5Gbps instead of 3Gbps, also new drives don't use NCQ (I'm
reattaching  a full dmesg).
Also I've found this firmware upgrade
(http://www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/support/faqs/faqs_20060414_0000246673.htm)
for the old drives, but couldn't confirm if it should be applied because
the server is in Brazil and I live in Argentina. Won't be there until
April to test.

Thanks.
Pablo.

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (26754 bytes)